Thursday, August 5, 2010

Brief, Wondrous

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, which I have been reading intermittently over the past six months, doubles as a stand for my laptop monitor. You see, one of the hinges of my Compaq Presario C500 gave up. So my laptop looks like it's been stricken with polio and the awesome book written by Junot Diaz is its crutch. In fact, it's the perfect crutch because its height is the same as the base of my laptop.

One day, I will own a MacBook Pro and my life will be wonderful.

***

It's been more than three weeks since I stopped rowing, it's more than the time I actually rowed. And because of this, I started losing weight. Odd, isn't it? How I gain weight when I have a strenuous physical activity and how I lose weight when I stopped doing it?

I also haven't been jogging anymore. It's like the fire on my ass that fuels me to go farther than I think I can has gone. My life is eaten by things I tell myself are important.

I need to row and jog again.

***

I feel sad. I feel sad I can't write anymore. This entry for example is churned from hard-squeezed creative juice and yet I use "***" to mask my inability to provide transitions. (Ma'am Chua will agree)

Rawr. Argh. Obviously, there's something wrong. In fact, there are a lot of things that are wrong today. I feel sad, I feel overworked, stretched out thin. I feel poor. I feel alone. I feel needy. Blah. I hate today.


1 comment: